During a consultation, Dr. Diao obtains a detailed history and performs a comprehensive physical examination. Diagnostic tests are reviewed with each patient and, if possible, a diagnosis is made. If additional studies or tests are required before a final diagnosis can be made, Dr. Diao's staff will assist in ordering them. Once a working diagnosis has been established, Dr. Diao helps patients understand their condition, treatment options, and prognosis. Dr. Diao makes every effort to consider each patient's needs and expectations on an individual basis throughout the treatment.
Dr. Diao believes in a multidisciplinary approach and always maximizes conservative treatment before considering surgery. This includes physical and occupational therapy, complementary and alternative medicine, prescription medications and steroid injections when appropriate. If conservative treatment modalities fail, Dr. Diao may recommend surgery using state-of-the-art techniques. All treatment is aimed towards pain control and improving hand and upper extremity function. In many cases, minimally invasive surgical techniques are appropriate. Given Dr. Diao’s wide experience, novel or non-standard customized treatments will also be offered.
PRIVATE INSURANCE LIKE PPOS AND HMOS
Dr. Diao participates in the following insurance networks:
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO
- Brown & Toland / All HMO Plans*
- Fortified Provider Network (FPN)*
- Great West Healthcare
- Health Net
- Healthy San Francisco
- Humana/ChoiceCare Network*
- Interplan (IHG)*
- Mills Peninsula Division*
- Mills Peninsula Medical Group*
- Multi Plan/PHCS*
- National Preferred Provider Network (NPPN)*Palo Alto Medical Foundation*
- Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation*
- Sutter Gould Medical Foundation*
- Sutter Medical Foundation*
- Sutter Medical Group of the Redwoods*
- Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation*
- Sutter West Bay Medical Foundation*
- SutterSelect PPO
- Three Rivers Provider Network
- United Healthcare/PacificCare
- USA Managed Care Organization*
PLEASE NOTE: Dr. Diao is happy to see patients that have insurance plans, not on the list above (out of network). For these patients, a discounted cash payment or use of out-of-network benefits will facilitate consultation and treatment.
Dr. Diao provides care for Worker's Compensation patients.
Please be sure that ...
- A claim has been filed with and accepted by your carrier.
- Authorization has been provided for a consultation/treatment with Dr. Diao.
Once you have the above taken care of, please provide our office with the following information:
- The insurance carrier's name and billing address
- Claim number
- Adjustor’s contact information. (Name, telephone and fax number)
Dr. Diao performs Independent Medical Examinations (IMEs) and he is available to serve as an expert witness in cases that involve the hand and upper extremities. Please call our office and ask to speak with Dr. Diao's executive assistant.
OUT OF NETWORK
Out of network benefits will be applied for patients with Blue Cross and Blue Shield Insurance.
Dr. Diao serves patients with acquired, congenital, degenerative, and traumatic conditions using a wide variety of treatment methods. Dr. Diao is a highly skilled surgeon, and therefore recognizes that not all patients require operative treatment.
He may recommend:
- Activity modification
- Physical therapy
- and will facilitate non-operative care when appropriate.