. Fingernails are modified hairs.
2. Nails need blood to survive.
3. Men’s nails grow faster than women’s nails.
4. The longer the finger is, the faster the nail grows. Furthermore, fingernails grow about four times faster than toenails.
5. Sunlight helps your nail even grow faster.
“The sun does help nails grow faster, too, because of Vitamin D. And people tend to drink more water in the summer which flushes out toxins and makes the body healthier, so nails grow stronger.” Source: Daily Mail
6. White spots on your nail may be due to temporary changes in growth rate.
7. Fingernails are “essentially flattened forms of claws.”
Read more: https://www.livescience.com/
8. The longest fingernails ever recorded, when combined, measured 32 ft 3.8 in (9.85 m).
This entry was prepared by Gigi Lu, an Enterprise for High School Students (EHSS) summer intern taking part in the EHSS Career Exploration Program. Founded in 1969, EHSS is a non-profit organization with a mission to prepare San Francisco high school students for future success in the workplace and higher education. They offer hundreds of opportunities for youth to develop life skills through engagement in work. Dr. Diao has sponsored EHSS students for 17 years in the Career Exploration Program at UCSF, in his private office, and at the San Francisco Surgery Center, and has served as an EHSS board member for 6 years.